NAICS 61151 Technical and Trade Schools
NAICS Code: 61151
Code Title: Technical and Trade Schools
Code Sector: 61 - Educational Services
NAICS 61151 Technical and Trade Schools Description
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in offering vocational and technical training in a variety of technical subjects and trades. The training often leads to job-specific certification. Instruction may be provided in diverse settings, such as the establishment's or client's training facilities, educational institutions, the workplace, or the home, and through diverse means, such as correspondence, television, the Internet, or other electronic and distance-learning methods. The training provided by these establishments may include the use of simulators and simulation methods.
Apprenticeship training programs Graphic arts schools Aviation and flight training instruction schools Modeling schools Computer repair training Nursing schools (except academic) Cosmetology schools Real estate schools Electronic equipment repair training Truck driving schools
Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Offering courses in office procedures and secretarial and stenographic skills--are classified in Industry 61141, Business and Secretarial Schools;
- Offering computer training (except computer repair)--are classified in Industry 61142, Computer Training;
- Offering professional and management development training--are classified in Industry 61143, Professional and Management Development Training;
- Offering academic courses that may also offer technical and trade courses--are classified according to the type of school;
- Specialty air transportation services which may also provide flight training--are classified in Industry 48121, Nonscheduled Air Transportation;
- Offering registered nursing training--are classified in Industry 61121, Junior Colleges or Industry 61131, Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools.