NAICS 211111 Crude Petroleum and Natural Gas Extraction
NAICS Code: 211111
Code Title: Crude Petroleum and Natural Gas Extraction
Code Sector: 21 - Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction
NAICS 211111 Crude Petroleum and Natural Gas Extraction Description
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in (1) the exploration, development and/or the production of petroleum or natural gas from wells in which the hydrocarbons will initially flow or can be produced using normal pumping techniques or (2) the production of crude petroleum from surface shales or tar sands or from reservoirs in which the hydrocarbons are semisolids. Establishments in this industry operate oil and gas wells on their own account or for others on a contract or fee basis.
Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Performing oil field services for operators on a contract or fee basis--are classified in Industry 21311, Support Activities for Mining;
- Refining crude petroleum into refined petroleum and liquid hydrocarbons--are classified in Industry 324110, Petroleum Refineries;
- Recovering helium from natural gas--are classified in Industry 325120, Industrial Gas Manufacturing.
NAICS 211111 Crosswalk
Crosswalk between the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) and Standard Industrial Classification System (SIC) --
Crosswalk between the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) and International Standard Industrial Classification of All Economic Activities Code Revision 4.0 --
- ISIC 0510 - Mining of hard coal
- ISIC 0610 - Extraction of crude petroleum
- ISIC 0620 - Extraction of natural gas