NAICS 221122 Electric Power Distribution
NAICS Code: 221122
Code Title: Electric Power Distribution
Code Sector: 22 - Utilities
NAICS 221122 Electric Power Distribution Description
This U.S. industry comprises electric power establishments primarily engaged in either (1) operating electric power distribution systems (i.e., consisting of lines, poles, meters, and wiring) or (2) operating as electric power brokers or agents that arrange the sale of electricity via power distribution systems operated by others.
Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Generating electric energy--are classified in Industry 22111, Electric Power Generation;
- Transmitting electricity between generating sources or distribution centers--are classified in U.S. Industry 221121, Electric Bulk Power Transmission and Control.
- Distribution of electric power
- Electric power brokers
- Electric power distribution systems
NAICS 221122 Crosswalk
Crosswalk between the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) and Standard Industrial Classification System (SIC) --
Crosswalk between the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) and International Standard Industrial Classification of All Economic Activities Code Revision 4.0 --
- ISIC 3510 - Electric power generation, transmission and distribution